CHARLOTTE — It’s been about a year since Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen closed its doors due to COVID-19 restrictions. Now the 4DX, IMAX & RPX theatre in south Charlotte is reopening April 23.
The theatre, located at 7824 Rea Road, will start by showing “Mortal Kombat,” “The Unholy” and “Godzilla vs. Kong,” along with more movies in the coming weeks like “Spiral,” “A Quiet Place Part II” and “F9.”
Reopening plans include a wide range of health and safety measures, including operating at reduced capacity and requiring guests wear face masks except while eating and drinking. Other changes include:
- Increasing the fresh air intake by 50 to 100% above normal levels, which will help circulate more fresh air throughout auditoriums.
- The reservation system will maintain two empty seats between groups (1 seat at recliner locations) to maintain proper social distancing throughout the movie.
- Regal employees will wear masks, undergo daily health screenings and will be required to wash hands at least every 30 to 60 minutes.
- Every other register will be closed to maintain social distancing and a reduced menu will be available. Self-service condiment stands will be closed.
- When refilling large soft drinks or popcorns, a Regal employee will exchange the prior cup or bucket for a new container.