Five recent high school graduates from across south Mecklenburg were recently awarded $1,000 scholarships toward their tuition at Duke University’s Pratt School of Engineering.
The scholarships, which are funded by David Erdman, a Charlotte attorney and 1971 biomedical engineer from Duke, are awarded to North Carolina students who have been accepted to study engineering at Duke. This is the fourth year for the scholarship program. The following five students are the 2012 recipients:
• Michael Deng, Providence High
• Ashley Reid, Providence High
• Zach Sachee, Charlotte Catholic High
• Alekhya Sure, Ardrey Kell High
• Noura Von Briesen, Rocky River High School